Located at the newly activated Waterfront Park (in front of Rio City Café), a visually-exciting and whimsical 65’ Ferris wheel, operated by Brass Ring Amusements, Inc, will take center stage for the holidays with rides offered on Friday, October 30 and continuing daily through January 31, 2021.
Offering fantastic views of the city atop the “Waterfront Wheel,” riders must be at least 44” to ride and in the same household in each open-air cart (that holds up to four people). Once debuted, hours of operation for the Waterfront Wheel will be Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. with special holiday hours from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. (November 25 – 29, December 20 – January 3 & January 15 - 18).
To help keep the community safe, physically distanced line queues will be in place, carts will be sanitized regularly (with employee disinfecting of high-touch surfaces, restraints after patrons disembark, etc.), and contactless payment and admission will be available.
Cost to ride the Waterfront Wheel is $6 per rider.
We are following all health authority and government agency guidelines. For the safety of staff, vendors, and visitors we are taking the following actions and require that attendees also follow these protocols:
- Reduced ride capacity to ensure physical distancing is observed.
- For children needing assistance with restraints a parent/guardian will be asked to assist the child instead of employees.
- Directional markings will be placed to create a one-way path around the carnival midway.
- Ground markings will be placed in all line to ensure patrons maintain 6 feet distance while in line.
- Hand sanitizing stations/hand washing stations will be available.
- After patrons disembark from the ride, employees will use approved cleaner to sanitize and any other surfaces touched.
- Employees will wear approved masks.
- Employees will be required to wash hands often.
- Employees will wear gloves.
- All employees will undergo temperature checks prior to the start of their shift. Any employee with a temperature over 100 degrees will be sent home.
- All staff and guests are required to wear masks.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available at the check-in booth.
- Attendees should physical distance at least 6′ apart from those not in their group.
- Only members of the same household should ride in carts together (seats up to 4) – carts will be sanitized after each ride.
- For children needing assistance with restraints, a parent/guardian will be asked to assist the child instead of employees. Note, riders must be at least 44″ tall.
- Please stay home if you are sick or have any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, respiratory symptoms, or shortness of breath.